[fpc-devel] WTF? Type checking dependent on compilation mode!?

Vinzent Hoefler JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Tue May 3 10:45:23 CEST 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 12:10, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

I hate to possibly annoy someone here, but I didn't get an answer yet,
if this will be fixed or not...

> It's simply a thing to make life easier especially for beginners. I
> don't know a real reason why the arrays shouldn't be considered equal
> so fpc doesn't complain either ;)

Well, I just found the perfect reference for my argument. Your own
compiler documentation:

<http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/user/userse66.html#x92-179000C.4>

|Error: Incompatible types: got ”arg1” expected ”arg2”
|There is no conversion possible between the two types Another
|possiblity is that they are declared in different declarations:
|
| Var
|    A1 : Array[1..10] Of Integer;
|    A2 : Array[1..10] Of Integer;
|
| Begin
|    A1:=A2; { This statement gives also this error, it
|              is due the strict type checking of pascal }
| End.

No more questions, your honor. Case closed. ;-)

Regards,

Vinzent.