[fpc-devel] gdb for win

John Briggs john at johneb47.id.au
Mon May 2 02:59:21 CEST 2005

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 11:48:42PM +0200, Uberto Barbini wrote:
> On Sunday 01 May 2005 21:39, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> > Uberto Barbini wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I'd like to understand which gdb is better to use for current fpc-cvs,
> > > the one in cvs/install/binw32 or mingw one?
> >
> > If that one in cvs/install/... makes no trouble for you, use it, it is
> > tested with fpc. If you have trouble with it => try the mingw one and
> > report it :)
>
> I experienced some problems with the one integrated some months ago, so I
> switched to mingw.
> The problem is still there (today fpc and lazarus cvs): launching a program
> (from lazarus) with fpc gdb nothing happens after the linking, i.e. the
> program doesn't start. Selecting mingw (without changing anything else) gdb
> works.

Just for the record, on Linux fpc requires libgdb.a for debugging, I do not
know what it uses on MS Windows (gdb.dll?) but libgdb.a has been replaced by
libgdb.ma.

Just a bit of useless info.

Regards

John
--
Feeling exploited, impoverished or imprisoned??
Knock down the Gates of .... and break free into the "Brave GNU World" of the