[fpc-devel] WinCE port

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Mon Jun 27 16:18:18 CEST 2005

Yury Sidorov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I started WinCE port. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Currently not much is done.
> I added added new (empty) target wince to compiler and built crosscompiler
> for arm with wince target.
>
> I have some questions:
> 1. What is simplest way to add wince target to makefiles? The only way I see
> is to edit all makefile.fpc files and add wince to them.

What do you mean with all? Only the top level make files should really need
extra effort. For the other Makefiles it's enough with a fpcmake of 2.1.1 svn
branch to regenerate them.

> 2. I need fakertl stuff to start.

Well, I'am not sure how close wince to win32 is. Maybe you can start with the
win32 system unit?

> 3. Any knowledge of how to implement export,import,linker stuff for wince
> target?

No. Probably the same as win32 does. Playing with the gnu c/binutils for wince
would be a good starting point.

> 4. Port of windows unit for WinCE?

No idea how much it from win32 differs.