[fpc-devel] Generic Programming Units

Dean Zobec dezobec at tin.it
Wed Jun 22 00:01:00 CEST 2005

Bram Kuijvenhoven wrote:

> Besides using TVarRecs, we could also use pointers (as in
> classes.TList) or objects.

Pointers like in TList were the things I had in mind.

> This would perhaps be a bit like it is in java.util. Then we would
> also need container classes for basic types such as boolean, integer,
> string and float. I'm not sure whether this is indeed a good plan, but
> I'm just mentioning it because you said you want to look at 'all the
> options' :)

Yes, the containers for basic types could be constructed as wrappers,
the pointer based containers would be incapsulated.

> Anyway, I'm very interested in a library with commonly used generic
> data structures and algorithms, and I think there are many more such
> developers. So I'd say: keep up the goods plans & work!

Good to know that are many people interested in the subject.  I'm sure
I'll learn a lot of things from them, as always in this great community :)
Ciao, Dean