[fpc-devel] Library and unit search paths under MacOSX with fpc 2.0.0?

Dr. Karl-Michael Schindler schindler at physik.uni-halle.de
Wed Jun 15 15:35:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

Am 15.06.2005 um 14:47 schrieb Jonas Maebe:

> On 15 jun 2005, at 14:24, Tom Verhoeff wrote:
>
>> However, it still doesn't explain why under Linux, I don't have to
>> add
>> any extra library search paths, but under Mac OS X, I do
>
> That's because /sw/lib is not a default search path for the linker
> under Mac OS X (which is quite logical since fink is a third-party
> product), nor is /usr/X11R6/lib apparently.
>
> I guess it would be best if added those paths to the default
> fpc.cfg for Mac OS X.

I also think, that this is probably the easiest was to resolve it. I
hesitated to put that in, because I wanted the fpc.cfg  to be as
simple as possible.

The changed fpc.cfg file has to be put into the darwin bootstrap tar
ball, which also contains the bootstrap compiler. sorry for the lack
of documentation.
Actually my fpc.cfg file contains:

-Fl/usr/lib
-Fl/sw/lib
-Fl/usr/X11R6/lib

Should I put that into the darwin default fpc.cfg file?

Maybe, Ales could put his experiences to the wiki page. Just in case
people using other libraries or installers. As much as I know
darwinports puts its stuff into /opt.

Michael, aka mischi.