[fpc-devel] Patch to speed up Uppercase/Lowercase functions

Daniël Mantione daniel at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl
Sat Jun 11 17:43:13 CEST 2005

Op Sat, 11 Jun 2005, schreef Michael Van Canneyt:

> I'm not contesting that; but here I think that the use of pascal
> is more important, for porting's sake.

As long as the Pascal version remains available (for exactly
the those portability reasons), I am not against it. Instead, I hope
someone will optimize some stuff as we cannot get competitive speed
results with gcc and Delphi without optimized libraries.

Sysutils already consists of a lot of include files, one more won't hurt
its portability and maintainability a lot.

However, I will not spend my time on it. I think spending to on improving
FPC's code generation is a much better time investment for me.

Daniël