[fpc-devel] Re: [fpc-l] type discussion

Jamie McCracken jamie-junk at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 5 14:07:39 CEST 2005

L505 wrote:

> Now there are some bondage discipline languages and Pascal is considered one.. even
> though it's not case sensitive.. isn't indentation sort of bondage-discipline?

of course it is - any formal language will have some "bondage" in their
syntax. Indentation and Begin..End are such examples but in my case
forcing developers to write properly indented code (which is essential
for legibility as im sure you will agree) is not a disadvantage as such
if you consider it a neccesity anyhow.

I suggest you wait until I have something working then we can discuss
the finer points.

jamie.