[fpc-devel] Re: [fpc-l] type discussion

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Jun 2 17:46:18 CEST 2005

> Well, I wonder which languages the kernel, X windows, GNOME, KDE, OpenOffice,
> Mozilla etc. use ;), definitively not python ... Python is a usuable scripting
> language but nothing more.

Well.. you should think so. But parts of Gnome are written in Python.
And a lot of the configuration-tools of Fedora are python-based.

I thought about it to rewrite some of them in fpc. That would make them
a lot faster, and less memory-intensive.

But first you need fpc in Fedora-Core offcourse...

Joost.