[fpc-devel] FPC 1.9.6 (a.k.a. 2.0.0-RC1) is out

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Jan 7 11:03:29 CET 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, DrDiettrich wrote:

> > > So let me list the problems I encountered with a preceding version:
> > >
> > > - Mouse buttons inoperative (W2K, no menu selection...)
> > > - "\\" contained in all stored pathes, IMO due to input of the FPC
> > > directory ending with an "\".
> >
> > Please only report bugs on the latest version.
>
> The above bugs still apply :-(
>
> Here the bugs with W2K:
>
> - The mouse buttons don't work. The clicked character is highlighted,
> but that's all. Applies to installer and IDE.

This is probably because your DOS window has the 'QuickEdit' mode enabled.
There is nothing we can do then. You must disable this mode.

> Let me know when the installer is updated, then I will check this again.
> Somebody else should check with WinXP!

The next installer will be a "native" installer, created with Inno Setup.
So most of these problems will no longer be present.

(But the current installer is cross-platform, so it will still be used,
and bug reports are necessary)

> Some tool (Netscape?) changed the dots in the filenames into
> underscores, so that nothing but the docs were installed in my first
> try. I also got an empty install.dat, due to unreported connection
> problems with the ftp server. If I hadn't compared the file sizes, I had
> no idea what has gone wrong. These problems IMO also are worth a note in
> the readme. Windows users are a bit stupid, you know? ;-)
>
> I still have to download the IDE, until now everything seems to work :-)
> Is make and asld required as well?

asld is, make not.

Michael.