[fpc-devel] Improving Ref Counting

Uberto Barbini uberto at ubiland.net
Sun Feb 27 13:21:57 CET 2005

> > I also thought immediately what Uberto already said: how do you recognize
> > a valid/invalid reference without accessing memory that is invalid in the
> > mean time.
>
> How does a GC do this? It would have the same problem?

A GC dont' try to recognize a valid/invalid reference, it is invoked to free
unused memory, which it assume point to valid memory.

Anyway I still don't understand the goal of this discussion.
Do you want to add some managed object in fpc? OK, but I suggest to start
studing how GC works in Java, Python and dotnet.

As for me I'd rather ask for not managed Interfaces in Delphi (fpc ones are
ok).

Bye Uberto