[fpc-devel] compiling fpc from cvs

SteveG steveg at nevets.com.au
Tue Feb 22 08:27:38 CET 2005

You need a working compiler already installed (use a binary install from
to begin - eg 1.0.10)
Download the full FPC from cvs site (eg to folder c:\fpc)

At the command prompt, cd to c:\fpc (or your cvs folder)
type - make clean all (clears any rubbish from previous builds)
cd c:\fpc\compiler (going to build compiler from source)
type - make cycle (builds new ppc386 compiler exe)
cd c:\fpc (to main folder for install)
type make install INSTALL_PREFIX=c:\pp (create working fpc at 'location'
- can be INSTALL_PREFIX=d:\Lazarus\pp etc)

lastly, rebuild Lazarus with - make clean all (in Laz directory of course)

Fairly sure this is in correct order - any other suggestions welcome if
somebody has them