[fpc-devel] TShiftState as enum

Jose Manuel qkysoft at arrakis.es
Thu Feb 17 21:11:20 CET 2005

> Jose Manuel wrote:
>
> >I think sets are sets and enumerated types are enumerated types,
> and Pascal
> >is Pascal-
> >

> Ok, but in pascal the elements in a set can only be of ordered
> type anyway.

Yes, of course. Maybe I haven't explained myself. Indeed, and you are quite
right you'got to define a set of ... (an scalar or enumerated type you've
previously defined), but once you're created the set is a "set", there are
no order established. I think this is no place nor time to talk about Cantor
or whether a subset is part of itself, etc. I just keep on my opinion (until
you refuse me with arguments, and I will accept them gratefully, don't doubt
on that), that casting that way is against Pascal's spirit (and against
Boolean Algebra, I think).

Anyway, it's only my opinion.
As Michael would say, there are more (and more neccessary) things to do than
to speak in this list about angels' sex.

JMR