[fpc-devel] Re: Free Pascal Bug 3640 modification.

tlip tlip at go2.pl
Mon Feb 14 09:33:58 CET 2005

Hi,
I write here because bug database is unavailable. Peter wrote that "fpc and
IDE fp contain the same compiler, that means that fpc also generates sub
directory info". I don't know how it is possible but there are differences
between symbols for gdb generated by fpc and fp.
I've compiled simple hello program by fp and fpc and then I examine it by
gdb with command "maint print symbols".

For fp I have:

Symtab for file hello.pas
Compilation directory is c:/test/
Read from object file /cygdrive/c/test/hellofp.exe (0x10138fd8)
Language: pascal
....etc

And for fpc:

Symtab for file hello.pas
Read from object file /cygdrive/c/test/hellofpc.exe (0x10138fd8)
Language: pascal
....etc

Missing row: " Compilation directory..."

Tomasz Lipinski