[fpc-devel] {$M+} and forward declarations do not work

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Tue Dec 20 08:59:17 CET 2005

Peter Vreman wrote:
> Please submit always complete code. Now we need to guess what is wrong and
> in a lot of cases we can't reproduce it with our own code like in this
> situation. The code below works perfectly:

Sorry about that.  Strangely enough, your example runs fine here as
well.  Below is my complete code that fails. Moving the $M around the
actual class declaration makes it work.
I am using FPC 2.0.1 that came with Lazarus 0.9.10 on Windows 2000.

unit Unit1;

{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

interface

uses
   Classes, SysUtils, LResources, Forms,
   Controls, Graphics, Dialogs, Buttons,
   StdCtrls;

type

{$M+}
   TMyTestObject = class;
{$M-}

   TForm1 = class(TForm)
      Button2: TButton;
      Memo1: TMemo;
   private
   public
   end;

   TMyTestObject = class(TObject)
   private
      FIntProp: integer;
      FStringProp: string;
   public
   published
     property StringProp: string read FStringProp write FStringProp;
     property IntProp: integer read FIntProp write FIntProp;
   end;

var
   Form1: TForm1;

implementation

uses
   TypInfo;

var
   O: TMyTestObject;
   i: Longint;
   lPropFilter: TTypeKinds;
   lCount: Longint;
   lSize: Integer;
   lList: PPropList;
begin
   O := TMyTestObject.Create;
   lPropFilter := [tkInteger, tkAString];

   lCount  := GetPropList(O.ClassInfo, lPropFilter, nil, false);
   lSize   := lCount * SizeOf(Pointer);
   GetMem(lList, lSize);

   memo1.Lines.Add('Total property Count: ' + IntToStr(lCount));
   lCount := GetPropList(O.ClassInfo, lPropFilter, lList, false);
   for i := 0 to lCount-1 do
   begin
     memo1.Lines.Add('Property '+IntToStr(i+1)+': ' + lList^[i]^.Name);
   end;

   FreeMem(lList);
   O.Free;
   memo1.Lines.Add('---------------');