[fpc-devel] StrPos giving a access violation

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Mon Dec 12 08:08:06 CET 2005

Jonas Maebe wrote:
> No. I've fixed it and added a test. You can check whether something  has
> been reported as a bug by going to
>   http://www.freepascal.org/bugs.html

Thanks for that!

> If possible, a copy of your unit tests would be nice addition to our
> test suite.

I will go through the unit and see what is appropriate.  The unit I am
working through now is like a coders toolbox, a bunch of utility fuctions.

In this test case we used our own implementation of StrPos, as Delphi's
one is dog slow. Written in assembler, but slow nonetheless.  Good news
is that Free Pascal's implementation is even faster than ours. :-)

Regards,
   - Graeme -