[fpc-devel] Benchmark for FreePascal

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Sun Dec 11 08:57:33 CET 2005

Op Sat, 10 Dec 2005, schreef darekM:

> Hi
> I've tested some of benchmark on
> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/
>
> I've see that reverse-complement benchmark
> <http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=revcomp&lang=all> for
> FPC is very slow. I discover, that problem is with readln, that function
> consume about 90% of time. Because I use it in my program, I implemented new
> version of reading files. My propositions is add tTextStream to unit Classes
>
> using is very similar
>
> while not eof do
> begin
>  readln(s);
> end;

The Shootout benchmarks should preferably be implemented without unit
classes to achieve the best memory usage results. Your code is welcome
though to add to unit classes, allthough I currently can't because it uses
assembler code withotu Pascal alternative, i.e. it would make the classes
unit unavailable on the other processors FPC supports.

Can you do the same to improve readln?

Daniël