[fpc-devel] make install/make zipinstall .svn problem (windows)

Wed Aug 24 11:51:48 CEST 2005

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> This is a known problem, and considered a non-fix because Peter is working
> on a replacement system for the makefile system.  I workaround it by always
> SVN exporting before building.

That is a good plan, to svn export it first. For now, I downloaded a snapshot from ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v21/i386-win32/.

What is the best way to generate a fpc.cfg configuration file? I keep several fpc versions in paths like C:\fpc\2.0.0, C:\fpc\2.0.1 and C:\fpc\2.1.1.
The fpcmkcfg util does not seem to insert a path. Currently I just copy a working config file and replace all '2.0.0' with '2.1.1' for example.

> I haven't tried, but a global "attrib -r /s" in the source dir before
> installing might help also.

I guess that works too, but I don't know whether svn likes that :)

Bram