[fpc-devel] Re: Exporting from Elf okay?

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Tue Aug 16 14:57:51 CEST 2005

I have found a large PDF file to study which contains a lot of
information about Elf and object file format. Hope to get my feet wet.
Have also downloaded the Linker sources to see what exactly it does
differently when it receives the -E option.

> If gcc can do it also fpc can be made to do it. But for me it has no
> priority to add support for this to fpc. Ofcourse patches are welcome.

Will work on one. I think it is an important feature maybe in plug-in
situations specifically. But a lot of programs have plug in systems
these days (and maybe not as well thought out ones, who don't utilize
this trick). Not sure what else  people use this feature for other than
plug-in style situations - might ask the GCC crowd if I'm brave enough.