[fpc-devel] Fixed date/time formats for sqldb and tdbf?

Alexandrov Alexandru alexandru.alexandrov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:16:26 CEST 2005

On 8/11/05, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
> > In revision 803 log: Fixed date/time formats for sqldb and tdbf
> > I don't understand what is fixed.
> > Beside that, the compatibility with databases that use TDateTimeRec is broken.
> > They used this format before D4 and they still use now for
> > compatibility. D7 can handle this format. FPC no more, since this
> > revision.
> > IMO there is nothing fixed there, but broken.
>
> Well, as it was, id didn't work for any database which uses TDateTime,
> which are all fpc-databases and all Delphi databases written for D4+.
>
> Personally I don't know any TDatabase descendents that can't work with
> TDateTime. Can you give me one? Then I can look for a solution.
>
> Regards,
>  Joost.

I was sent the patch that fixed this compatibility (and i explained that).
I agree that we can remove the old code when are no more compatible
with the rest of code, but this piece of code do not harm anyone.
I can't send the component to you because it is not free, but after
registration you may find it here:
http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/as/advantage_solutions.dll
After one hour spent for conversion, this components works great.

Alex