[fpc-devel] integer, cardinal

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Mon Apr 18 09:29:03 CEST 2005

> On Sunday 17 April 2005 10:45, Ales Katona wrote:
>
>> First of all Integer should be size independent, that is, xy bits
>> depending on the platform.
>
> I second that.

This is useless. Your code and runtime checks will then vary for the kind
of processor (32 or 64bit) you are compiling for. Even 'int' in C is
always 4 bytes. The 'long' type is most of the time equal to the size of a
pointer.

Don't expect that we change anything in this part. If you want to use an
integer with the natural size of the processor you can use ptrint or
ptruint.