[fpc-devel] bug report

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Mon Oct 11 09:47:10 CEST 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:10:57 -0700 (PDT), Chess Player wrote
> Peter Vreman wrote
> > It is already fixed in 1.9.4
>
> Compiling with 1.9.4 produces error messages, ending with
>
> error setting exception n°0D
> error setting exception n°0E
> error setting exception n°0F
 .
 .
> The bug has been fixed, but now something else is awry.
 .
 .

This is because you're using the GO32v2 version under Windows 2000 or XP.
Unfortunately, Microsoft made the DOS environment in these OS versions too
much incompatible to the real DOS, that we can't support running GO32v2
version there. However, using GO32v2 binaries under Win32 systems is inferior
to native Win32 binaries ones anyway. This means that the solution is easy -
download the Win32 version and use it under your WinNT/2K/XP, whereas you only
use GO32v2 under real DOS (or potentially under Win9x as well, because it's
much more compatible because of its DOS roots). You can of course continue
using GO32v2 binaries under WinNT/2K/XP as well, but then you have to accept
that it produces error messages like this and that it can stop working any
time (e.g. after you apply the next Windows Service Pack or whatever else).
I'm sorry, but there isn't much we can do about it - Microsoft just doesn't
want to support DOS applications properly.

Best regards

Tomas