[fpc-devel] gui console in windows

Rimgaudas Laucius rimga at ktl.mii.lt
Fri Nov 5 01:07:07 CET 2004

Hello,

i am interesting, what do you think about redirecting text streams not to
windows console, but creating free pascal's own gui console (for example
implementing it under -WX switch)? I mean to do something like graph unit is
done now or unit wincrt in Virtual Pascal's rtl. Windows console looks like
some relict derived from dos. We have problems with keybord drivers and text
encoding in it (text prepared with windows editor needs to be encoder to dos
cp when outputing if you want to see national characters properly).
Different it's implementation in win9x and win2000,xp systems makes these
problems deeper.

Regards,
Rimgaudas Laucius