GCC 3.x and GNU utilities 3.x (Was: [fpc-devel]Small technical answers)

Gecko gecko2 at tlen.pl
Thu Mar 4 20:03:25 CET 2004

>>[...]I was
>>thinking about one of
>>the latest versions.
>>
> .
>
>Sorry, I don't really understand your question. Do you have any
>particular version in mind? Or do you have a particular problem
>which might be solved with one of the later versions?
>Understanding your problem would probably help us to answer you
>more precisely, or even solve the problem.

No, I don't have any problem with version, with is currently distributed
with FPC. But IMHO the latest version is usually better (fixed bugs, new
features, etc.). Really, I was thinking about version 2.14 (not 2.1.4!)
- as I know, It's the latest version of GNU utlis. But I think, that I
got answer for this question:

"[..]FPC has slightly different needs than GCC, so the older version
might be perfectly useable for FPC although it might be outdated for GCC."

I understand, that currently distributed version has everything, what
FPC needs, and newer version won't change anything. Am I right?

Note: all answers please send at gecko2 at tlen.pl .

Regards

Maciej