GCC 3.x and GNU utilities 3.x (Was: [fpc-devel]Small technical answers)

Gecko gecko2 at tlen.pl
Mon Mar 1 18:43:34 CET 2004

  Florian Klaempfl wrote:

>(...)

>>>This should be perfectly possible for functions written in C (not
>>>C++!), IMHO - unless GCC 3.x is very different from 2.x regarding
>>>calling conventions, which I doubt. Have you tried it? If you're
>>>talking about C++, that's a different story - this feature is
>>>planned, but without a fixed date yet.
>>>

>>It's no problem to call C code compiled by gcc 3.x.

I wrote incorrect information - version 3.x of GNU utilities probably
doesn't exist!!! When I was writing this, I was thinking about one of
the latest version.

>>What do you mean with GNU utilities?

In DOS, Windows and OS/2 distributions these utilities are in asld*.zip
file (assembler, linker, etc.).

Sorry for late answer.

Note: all answers please send at gecko2 at tlen.pl, becouse I'm not
subscribed to this mailing list.