[fpc-devel] TList slowness in classes

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Wed Dec 29 22:32:43 CET 2004

Michalis Kamburelis wrote:
> Are there any other cases where this issue may be significant ? If no,
> I'll mark this wiki page clearly as "only for FPC earlier than
> 2004-12-28" (to-be-removed when 2.0 comes in), else I will update it.
>
> (Note: we can continue this talk on wiki page
> http://www.freepascal.org/wiki/index.php/Talk:Avoiding_implicit_try_finally_section
>
> already started by Vincent with that question)
>
> Thanks!

I haven't tested it, but I have this hunch.
Ansistrings (not constant) also require implicit try finally.
If you use ansi strings only in a seldom used if-branch in a procedure,
you could extract the procedure too, just like you did for the resource
string.

for example:
If (i>0) then
   'do something but not with ansistrings