[fpc-devel]DateSeparator

Sun Aug 8 18:55:43 CEST 2004

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, Tony Maro wrote:

> The DateSeparator is defined in sysinth.inc as
>
> Const
>
>    { Character to be put between date, month and year }
>    DateSeparator: char = '-';

As you can see it is a typed const, which means you can set it to any
character you like. To solve your problems, set it to '/' at program startup,
and you should be fine.

Same for the other constants.

I have thousands of lines of code, which frequently set it to various
values. Never had a problem.

The reason it is a const is that initialized variables are not supported in
1.0.X, but typed constants (which are the same as initialized variables)
are...

Michael.