[fpc-devel]Upper/lowercae in fcl/db/dbase

Sun Aug 1 16:42:10 CEST 2004

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Joost van der Sluis wrote:

> > I have already fixed the lazarus registration units here at home. I just
> > need to send them to someone of the lazarus group. Lazarus will insert the
> > filename correctly when you add a component.
>
> I did that here also. But what is someone put is 'uses dbf' by himself? He
> will never know why this isn't working, unless he knows how fpc handles
> lowercase/uppercase unit file names.
>
> > > Further the debugger doesn't work with the filenames which are used now in
> > > the CVS.
> > Why not ?
>
> That's a good question. But try it, place a breakpoint in dbf.pas and see
> how the breakpoint is ignored. But it works when you trace into a method
> which is implemented in dbf.
>
> Lazarus can't place the breakpoint: (The file does exist)
> TDebugManager.BreakpointAdded A /home/test/fpc/fpc/fcl/db/dbase/Dbf.pas
> 809
> [Debugger] Log output: &"No source file named Dbf.pas.\n"
>
> > > I know that tdbf is not only a fpc-package, but the filenames as they are
> > > now are highly irritative/buggy.
> >
> > Maybe Micha Nelissen can give some opinions/ideas ? If he gives the go-go,
> > I'll change it in FCL CVS...
>
> On IRC he said i should talk to you. ;)

OK. I'll lowercase all filenames in the FCL, I have no problem with that.
It's how it is by default for all other units.
Expect a big update from CVS in that case...

Though I don't like the discrepancy with the 'official' TDBF...

Michael.