[fpc-devel]strange unit XLIB linking error

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Mar 7 11:19:10 CET 2003

Hi,

I just updated my fpc 1.0.7 from cvs and then recompiled lazarus.
I got the message

----------------------
Free Pascal Compiler version 1.0.7 [2003/03/07] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2003 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for i386
Compiling lazarus.pp
Assembling lazarus
lazarus.pp(302) Error: unit XLIB can't be smart or static linked
Linking ./lazarus
make[1]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/..../lazarus'
make: *** [ide] Error 2

Adding the -XD switch I got the same but the line

lazarus.pp(302) Error: unit XLIB can't be shared or static linked

So, it seems that the current ppc386 can't link the unit XLIB in no way. Is
there a mysterious, secret, fourth way of linking a unit?
In any case it creates a working lazarus executable.

Mattias