[fpc-devel]Re: CVS compilation problems.

Balogh, Karoly (Charlie/iNQ) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Sun Jul 20 01:01:41 CEST 2003

Hi,

On 03.07.16., Jonas Maebe wrote:

>> The Linux i use is a DebianPPC 3.0r1, on a 604e/200 PowerMac8500,
>> with kernel 2.4.21-ben2, but i don't think this makes any sense.
> I think I encountered this bug already in the beginning of doing the
> PowerPC port, but I don't remember anymore what the cause was :/

I tracked down the problem until the FExpand() call of the DOS library.
Instead of the full pathname, it always returns '/<filename>', so for
example FExpand('bug.pas') returns /bug.pas, while bug.pas is at the
directory of the executable.

Example:
program bug;

uses DOS;

const BugStr = 'bug.pas';

var FExResult : PathStr;

begin
 FExResult:=FExpand(BugStr);
 WriteLn(FExResult);
end.

On my PowerPC Linux it returns:
charlie at worm:~/fpcbug$ ./bug
/bug.pas

(AFAIK should return /home/charlie/fpcbug/bug.pas)

Bye,
--
Charlie/iNQ      (SceneCON - http://scenecon.intro.hu)
.:%[ Cybernetic Hydraulic Android Responsible for ]%:.