[fpc-devel]More questions

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.ugent.be
Sat Apr 12 12:09:26 CEST 2003

On zaterdag, apr 12, 2003, at 09:01 Europe/Brussels, Yakov Sudeikin
wrote:

> 1)
>
> I updated the RTL via cvs. But When I tried to build it my gnu make
> stoped
> on the lines like this:
>
> <<<<<<< Makefile
> =======
>
> What does that mean? My GNu Make is too old and do not understand these
> directives? Or I have to run the Makefile thru some kind of utility
> first?

It means that you modified your Makefile and that when updating, a
conflict occurred. Simply delete the Makefile and update again.

> 2)
>
> What is: fpc_help_constructor() ?

It is an internal routine that is called whenever a TP-style object
constructor is called. It allocates memory for a new object (if
necessary), initializes it (vmt pointer) and returns the self pointer.

> Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
> 0x80a06ab in fpc_help_constructor ()

Recently, some things were changed regarding the object handling in
1.1, which indeed causes some problems. It also affects the IDE.

Jonas