[fpc-devel]Re: some m68k releated stuff

Balogh, Karoly (Charlie/iNQ) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Mon Apr 7 09:53:46 CEST 2003

Hi,

On 2003-04-06, XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz wrote:

>>> do you have "fpc" available on PATH? If so, what does "fpc -i"
>>> display?
>> 9.Ram Disk:> fpc -i
>> Error: ppc68k.exe can't be executed
> very easy... ;-) compiler/utils/fpc.pp expects the .exe extension to
> be always used unless the UNIX conditional is defined. I don't know,
> whether it would make sense to add this define for Amiga (I suspect
> it wouldn't be the right solution here), or whether we should add
> Amiga explicitely there (or maybe don't use .exe for anything but
> I386???). Once this gets fixed, you shouldn't have to set FPC=ppc68k
> explicitely, I guess.

Whooops, i had wrong version of fpc on path. It was the one from the
snapshot [2003/01/18] but, Carl already fixed this at 2003/01/27... :)

Now it's working. I'm able to build a compiler just using
make compiler OS_TARGET=amiga.
But i can't cylce a compiler since it stops when make wants to spawn
a new make process, and looks for /bin/sh, which is not available...
So Carl was right, there's a need to port a better make for AmigaOS.
Fortunately i found a source pack of GNU Make 3.80 on my HDD, so
i began to actualize an old (from 1996) 100% native port for Amiga.
After a few hours i was able to compile GNU Make with SAS/C, and it's
working with a lot of makefiles. The only problem is that enabling
native Amiga path support disabled the support for Unix-style relative
paths like '../m68k/inc' and such the FPC makefiles use.

So the next step is probably to patch make to convert Unix paths to
Amiga paths internally, but i had no time to do the patch at weekend.

(Yikes, i really hate C, and GNU make has a really messy code, with
lot of ugly platform-dependent #ifdefs...)

Bye,
--
Charlie/iNQ
.:%[ Cybernetic Hydraulic Android Responsible for ]%:.