[fpc-devel]Re: some m68k releated stuff

Balogh, Karoly (Charlie/iNQ) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Thu Apr 3 03:52:10 CEST 2003

Hi,

On 2003-04-02, Peter Vreman wrote:

> Maybe the file extension that is added for executables is not correct or
> the environment variable PATH is not available.

Hmmm... Yes, this was the problem. It seems that the Amiga version of GNU
tools doesn't use the internal AmigaOS path, but requires an enviroment
variable named PATH... :/

> The only thing you can do is debug the Makefile using 'make -p' to print
> the internal database and check in Makefile what the check was and what
> the used values are by looking at the internal database of make.

Okay. I did as you said, and found some interresting results. If there is
a 'pwd.exe' in any of the directories under PATH, i get the following:

13.Work:Develop/FPC/fixes/fpc/compiler> make compiler
make: ppc386.exe: Command not found
make: ppc386.exe: Command not found
make: ppc386.exe: Command not found
make: ppc386.exe: Command not found
make: ppc386.exe: Command not found
Makefile:154: *** The Makefile doesn't support target , please run
fpcmake first.  Stop.

Then i tried:

13.Work:Develop/FPC/fixes/fpc/compiler> make compiler OS_TARGET=amiga CPU_TARGET=m68k
make: ppc386.exe: Command not found
make: ppc386.exe: Command not found
make: ppc386.exe: Command not found
make: ppc386.exe: Command not found
make: ppc386.exe: Command not found
ppc386.exe   -dm68k -dGDB -dBROWSERLOG -dNOOPT -Ct -Tamiga -Fum68k
-Futargets -Fu../rtl/amiga -Fim68k -FE. pp.pas
make: ppc386.exe: Command not found
make: *** [ppc68k] Error 127

After these i removed pwd.exe from the PATH ('pwd' still there) since
using .exe suffix with GNU tools on AmigaOS can be declared as
unsupported. So i got the followings then:

13.Work:Develop/FPC/fixes/fpc/compiler> make compiler OS_TARGET=amiga CPU_TARGET=m68k
make: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found
make: -iSP: Command not found
make: -iTP: Command not found
make: -iSO: Command not found
make: -iTO: Command not found
dm68k -dGDB -dBROWSERLOG -dNOOPT -Ct -Tamiga -Fum68k -Futargets -Fu../rtl/amiga -Fim68k -FE. pp.pas
make: dm68k: Command not found
make: [ppc68k] Error 127 (ignored)
f pp ppc68k
make: f: Command not found
make: [ppc68k] Error 127 (ignored)

What should i try as next step? I'll modify some makefiles or utils
(fpcmake?) if needed, to finally support Amiga target just like all
the others, but some hints are welcomed, where to start, what to check
first, etc. :) TIA.

Bye,
--
Charlie/iNQ
[.wanna.touch.diz?.amiga1200.os31.68060/50.48mb.2,5"ide.pcmcianet.]