[fpc-devel]Open sibyl, a new RAD for FPC?

Yuri Prokushev prokushev at freemail.ru
Mon Oct 21 21:07:09 CEST 2002

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:25:36 +0200, Ramon Bosque wrote:

>They have chosen Free Pascal because it is open source, and according to the
>authors, 'some things have to be changed/extended'.
Well, open source compiler was not main goal. Main goal was just compiler. Virtual Pascal maintainer/developer rejected our request about supporting us with compiler.
Another solution was GPC. GPC great compiler and part of GCC family but not Delphi compatible, so FPC is one possible solution (and only one 'in development'
compiler for os/2 now).