[fpc-devel]Improvements for heaptrc.pp

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Fri Oct 11 13:09:05 CEST 2002

On vrijdag, okt 11, 2002, at 12:41 Europe/Brussels, Mattias Gaertner
wrote:

> So, what I need is a mem checker, that can detect double freed blocks
> AND that does not need keep_released, because I dont
> have the time and mem to run AND that reacts with a useable output.

Valgrind may work (http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/). You have to use
cmem and compile without debugging information (you can inlcude line
information however), because it doesn't support all Pascal-specific
stabs and crashes on them. It can also detect a lot more problems, like
access to uninitialized memory locations etc. You may want to use the
"sloppy malloc" option however, since other wise you'll get a lot of
incorrect error reports are strcopy and friends.

Jonas