[fpc-devel][fpc-deve] fpc sparc port.

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Sat Nov 30 13:05:19 CET 2002

On zaterdag, nov 30, 2002, at 04:49 Europe/Brussels, Sergey Korshunoff
wrote:

> PS: as I think, today there is no DLL support for FPC under LINUX
> (link FPC produced *.so with FPC main module). Why?

Because this requires PIC support. And PIC support requires an extra
register to hold the pointer to the GOT table. And the current register
allocator will die with a lot of internalerror(10)'s if it loses a
register to work with. So first we need a new register allocator and
then it should be fairly easy to implement.

Jonas