[fpc-devel] BeOS and multithreading

Carl Eric Codere carl.codere at optimasc.com
Sat Nov 9 11:31:12 CET 2002

>Threadsafe is important for us (befpc team) in the futur : BeOS GUI are

>multi-threaded, even the smallest ones.
>I have a question : Is someone has tried to compile the 1.1 version on

>BeOS ?
>We are trying to compile the 1.1 version.  But, it seems that the BeOS

>specific1.06 units are more complete than the 1.1 ones. Are we right ?

Greetings,
          Absolutely, I've not yet ported the 1.1 compiler to BeOS, I'm
even surprised you can actually compile the compiler for the BeOS target!!
There are several reasons why i did not do this yet:

- the compiler is not stable yet. (There are still big changes, which might
    affect several targets)
- the posix rtl is being redesigned (this is the base for porting BeOS),
and
  as long this is not complete, its not very useful to create a fake RTL
just for BeOS.

As soon as these two things are done I'll try to port BeOS to 1.1 (this
might take at least 6 months still though!)...