[fpc-devel]a fpc 1.1 make cycle problem

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Tue Jun 18 18:15:53 CEST 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Sergey Korshunoff wrote:

> > No, not in the case that causes the error I think.
>
> How a dictionery.rename used in other parts of compiler?

I don't know by heart.

> It is called only when we shure old node is in dictionery?
> Or we do not check a dictionery before renaming?

In the case where it crashed, we don't check indeed. The rename procedure
is there called just in case the symbol was already used before (with the
old name).

> The more stange thing is that why this crash always in ppc2....
> Why not in ppc1 ?! We can assume fpc generates wrong code only when it is
> compiled with -CR ...

We'll have to do some generated assembler code comparisons to find out...

> May be there is error in realization part of -CR? Because -Cr do not cause a
> problem  and -CR work normally for FPC v1.0, then error  may be in
> n386cal.pas or in i386.inc ...

I think -CR was recently extended by Peter so that it calls "fpc_do_as"
for classes in some cases.  Or is that for -Cr?

Jonas