[fpc-devel]WARNING. You sent a potential virus or unauthorised code

alert at notification.messagelabs.com alert at notification.messagelabs.com
Mon Jun 3 13:27:19 CEST 2002

The MessageLabs Virus Control Centre discovered a possible
virus or unauthorised code (such as a joke program or trojan)
in an email sent by you.

Please read this whole email carefully. It explains what has
happened to your email, which suspected virus has been caught,
and what to do if you need help.

Some details about the infected message

To help identify the email:

The message sender was
    fpc-devel-admin at lists.freepascal.org
    webmaster at tucuman-ar.com
    fpc-devel at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl
    fpc-devel-admin at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl

(if this is not your email address, the message sender possibly
belongs to a mailing list to which you both subscribe.)

The message was titled [fpc-devel]{VIRUS?} Background
The message date was Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:15:29 -0300
The message identifier was <200206031115.g53BFFO30489 at ns2.arsesco.com.ar>
The message recipients were
    leej at logica.com

To help identify the virus:

Scanner 1 (Skeptic) reported the following:

Skeptic searching for 33 viruses
>>> Possible Virus 'CID-Exploit.dam' variant found in '288732_1MH_message.htm'. Heuristics score: 200
Skeptic ended

The message was diverted into the virus holding pen on
mail server server-9.tower-4.messagelabs.com (id 288732_1023103637)
and will be held for 30 days before being destroyed.

What should you do now?

If you sent the email from a corporate network, you should first
contact your local Helpdesk or System Administrator for advice.
They will be able to help you disinfect your workstation.

If you sent the email from a personal or home account, you will
need to disinfect your computer yourself. To do this you will
need an anti-virus program. We suggest using one of the leading
industry anti-virus packages such as McAfee, F-Secure or Cybersoft,
which cost £15-£30 per copy.

Getting more help
We strongly recommend that you read the Support FAQs at
http://www.messagelabs.com/support/FAQs.htm
These will answer many of the most common queries.

If you subscribe to the MessageLabs SkyScan AV Service, please contact
your IT Helpdesk/Support department for further assistance.

If you do not subscribe to the MessageLabs SkyScan AV Service please
contact SCC Internet Services on:-

+ 44 (0) 121 7662951

You may contact one of our Messaging Technicians at MessageLabs
Helpdesk 7 days a week , 6am - 12pm on:-

+44 (0)9067 579 001

All calls will be charged at £0.75p per minute.

If you believe this message to be a false alarm, you can email
SCC Internet Services at:-

    support at sccis.net

Please quote the following Virus Pen ID when contacting Support.

If replying by email, please forward this entire email.