[fpc-devel]Corba

Robert Young robert.young at hksystems.com
Tue Jul 16 15:20:00 CEST 2002

With Delphi 6 Update 2 the CORBA examples do not compile out of the box, you
have to modify your path. When you have your path correct you can compile the
CORBA
examples but the servers you produce give an excess violation as soon as they
are connected to.

With our Platinum support we got the suggestion from Borland to use the the
original DCUs and code (pre Update 1). Now the application leak 1k a call and
Borland tells us they are working on it but can not give us a date that they
will have something working correctly.

In the mean time we have a fortune 10 company expecting a working product in
November.

I am not betting Borland will get back to us that quickly and so I am looking
for alternatives to Borlands Implementation of CORBA.

Rob