[fpc-devel] fpc sparc port

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Dec 1 13:47:09 CET 2002

> > .NET = Too complicated,
>
> What's too complicated with .NET? We discussed this some month ago and I still think
> that we should use .NET instead of VIS.
>
> > anyways Borland is already implementing the secured
> > version of this, while TMT is i think implementing the non-secured version
> > (the non-secured version allows untyped pointers). So that would be a lot
> > of competition for Free Pascal.
> >

> Non of them is open source :)

True, and keep in mind that this "shadowing" is already the case, and paying
off. Most real serious/professional FPC users turn out to be somehow linked
to Borland Delphi.

Alike, but slightly different implementation seems to be the "selling" point.

But Carl, why are you pursueing VIS? Only because it is not .NET, or does it have advantages
in certain area's itself?