[fpc-devel]Needed Help

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Mon Apr 15 21:36:44 CEST 2002

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Georgi Sokolov wrote:

> so.. there we have a Network Novell some version(I don't know exacly the
> version number) DoS 6.22 as OS... as minimal configuration U give the
> 386/25 and there we have 386/40/4MB and it refuses to work. On different
> PCs there are different errors..

There is a bug in most 386DX processors that causes corruption if you load
a value from memory right after executing a "popal" instruction. The 1.0.4
RTL contains this code sequence several times and this probably causes the
problem. This has been worked around in version 1.0.6 (the beta is already
downloadable, the final version should be available by next week)

> When I tryed to run it on the workstations(as I can call them that
> way:)) it says that there is no DPMI support.. To be downloaded the
> cwsdpmi packadge... I remembered that when I tryed to run DJGPP on my
> old machine I have the same problem and I found the workaround.. I
> downloaded and installed... but when I have done that on FPK/downloading
> and installing/ I have the next message on my Monitor:
>     DPMI Error : No DPMI Memory

I think the Dos version of FPC includes cwsdpmi.exe. As long as the
directory containing that utility is in the path, it should be executed
automatically when starting a go32v2 program if there is no dpmi server
loaded yet.

>   here it goes a part of it... I cannot write it the whole one... i'll
> try to write only register states and error code..:
>    FPC eip 0009190F
>            error 0004
>            Call frame traceback EIP's
>             0x0009190F
>             0x00151B52
>             0x0000201D

That's probably also due to the 386DX bug.

Jonas