[fpc-devel]Watcom is available

XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Sun Sep 30 23:22:04 CEST 2001

To:             	fpc-devel at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl
From:           	pavel at insect.mail.iephb.ru (Pavel V. Ozerski)
Date sent:      	Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:42:52 +0400 (MSD)
Subject:        	[fpc-devel]Watcom is available
Send reply to:  	fpc-devel at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl

   Hello,

> Today I found that Watcom C/C++ and Fortran are available for free
> downloads from http://www.openwatcom.org/download.html. They can
> contain good replacements for currently used in FPC binutils (That
> could be important first for OS/2 port: now it has a chance to became
> free from EMX!).

 yes, I got the news from OpenWatcom announcement list as well. It's
definitely interesting, but the way might not be as straightforward
as it could seem. First, I don't know the exact license conditions
yet (for this binary patch, that's it - this might be different from
the final open-source release). Second, we still have to modify the
compiler first to make Watcom assembler/linker useable.
 Anyway - yes, it's a good news, thanks for it.

Tomas