[fpc-devel]GRAPH Unit for linux - Problems

Sebastian Günther sguenther at gmx.de
Mon Nov 19 17:01:19 CET 2001

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> > - Outtext doesn't handle international characters correctly
>
> I'm not sure what the problem is here, I believe Sebastian Günther
> implemented some things for this.

Yes. The old Borland fonts use codepage 437, while Linux uses ISO8859-1
(a.k.a. ANSI charset) as default charset. So when you try to print
Umlaute etc. which display correctly in the source on Linux, you will
get wrong results.

Some time ago I've added the possibility to specify a translation table.
This table is a variable called GraphStringTransTable, and a translation
table for ISO8859-1 to CP437 is already included in the graph unit. To
enable this translation, just add this line to the initialization code
of the application:

GraphStringTransTable := @AnsiToASCIITransTable;

- Sebastian