[fpc-devel]Near the end - translating

Peter Vreman pfv at cooldown.demon.nl
Sun Jun 3 17:36:02 CEST 2001

> 1st question
> =============
>
> Where do I change assembler opcodes, such as NOT, OR, AND, and so on?
>
>   I've searched 'NOT' and 'OR' and there are some suspicious files, but I don't
> want to make it bad. So I ask you advice.

i386ins.dat contains all base stuff for all i386*.inc files. There is a
program nasmconv in the utils subdir that will read the .dat file and
generate the .inc files.

But this is quite tricky as the opcodes written there are also used for
the enum types, so you'll have to adapt nasmconv to support translated
opcodes without affecting the enum types.

> 2 question
> ===========
>
> Finally I decided to use the correct assembler opcodes: not, or and and. And
> the compilation I always do:
>
> D:\bailalo\S6\PP2\BIN\GO32V2>pp -Fu..\..\source\rtl\go32v2\ -Fi..\..\source\rtl\
> inc -Fi..\..\source\rtl\i386 -di386 -Sg -va pru.pas
> a lot of lines OK
> PPU Source: d:\bailalo\s6\pp2\source\rtl\inc\text.inc found
> PPU Source: d:\bailalo\s6\pp2\source\rtl\go32v2\dpmiexcp.pp time 2001/06/03 14:4
> 0:22
> Parsing implementation of pru.pas
> pru.pas(5,1) Warning: Object exceptn.o not found, Linking may fail !
> Linking pru.exe
> pru.pas(5,1) Warning: Object prt0.o not found, Linking may fail !
> Using util d:\bailalo\s6\pp\bin\go32v2\ld.exe
> d:/bailalo/s6/pp/bin/go32v2/ld.exe: cannot open prt0.o: No such file or director
> y (ENOENT)
> 4 Lines compiled, 0.3 sec
>
> But non pru.exe was found.
>
> Well, I searched for exceptn.o and prt0.o  and they were here:
> D:\bailalo\S6\pp\units\go32v2\rtl (I remind you that pp folder is where is
> stored original uncompressed dos104full.zip except pp\source\compiler in which
> I do some modifications)
>
> But... If I searched in pp\source\  with prt0.* I found many files in
>
> some pp\source\rtl\ folders all of them, amigag ataria freebsd go32v1 i386
> linux os2 but... It wasn't in go32v2. What strange thing.
>
> Following my investigation, and F4 from prog.pdf:
>
> I'm going to try to as(semble) this files.
> I've found this files
> EXCEPTN  AS
> FPU      AS
> V2PRT0   AS
>
> in:
> D:\bailalo\S6\PP2\source\rtl\go32v2
>
> What i do is go this folder and:
>
> as exceptn.as
> as fpu.as
> as v2prt0.as
>
> but nothing happens, no file is created.
>
> Help, I need somebody, help not just anybody.
>
> Well...? What am I doing wrong?
>
> As always you have the files I change from pp\source\compiler in:

You should use the Makefile to build the RTL. Just type 'make' in the
rtl/go32v2 dir and it should build all the files.