[fpc-devel]ICS and FPC

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Feb 19 17:25:12 CET 2001

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Tobias Hermann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have an Delphi - Application that uses ICS from Francois Piette (Internet
> Component Suite). I want to port that App to Linux. I heard of tests running
> TWSocket and it's other components with FPC. But I think all on Win32, am I
> right?

Till now, tests were done with the win32 code, yes. But since ICS was using some
GUI code, it was not really feasible, as we have no GUI components yet.

> Are there plans to implement this for Linux, too? Or have we to wait for
> Francois' Kylix-Code in order to compile with FPC to the linux platform?

I suppose so, yes. I haven't seen his Kylix code yet.

It isn't certain yet that we can compile it; if it uses threads or so,
it will not be easy, as the thread support of FPC isn't ready yet.

Michael.