[fpc-devel]tnode progress

Florian Klaempfl florian at klaempfl.de
Wed Sep 27 22:25:20 CEST 2000

I'am currently working on rewritting the ttree stuff. ttree is a variant
record which stores the parse tree generated by the parser. Over the
time ttree became a big mess, so we decided to rewrite it using a proper
OOP structure. The goals of this rewrite are:
- cleaner program code
- make it easier to store the parse tree in a ppu file => inlining
accross unit boundaries
- make it easier to port FPC to other processors. Most parts of FPC are
already written in a way to support different target processors, but the
biggest part, the node code generator is still missed and this will be
the next step. If the current rewrite of the nodes is done, it shouldn't
be hard to port FPC to other processors. My personal plans are to do an
iA-64 port and maybe an Alpha port. Support of other processors depends
if other people contribute/maintain such a port.

The current status is that all tc*.pas files are converted, but most of
the n*.pas doesn't compile yet.
The next step is to convert the cg386*.pas files and get things running
again :/