[fpc-devel]portable disable; and enable;

Aleksey V. Vaneev picoder at sbis.komi.ru
Tue Sep 19 15:01:29 CEST 2000

Hello,

  By using disable; and enable; I have not meant to bypass interrupts.
  Just to make some parts of code uninterruptible by other thread of
  the same application (under DOS interrupt procedures can be also
  though as threads). Hm.. Is is possible to create such portable
  unit that makes parts of code uninterruptible? (yeps, seems to be
  that semaphores are better examples for disable; and enable; under
  win32 - there's just a need in one global semaphore).

  I can't suggest any API really... But maybe simple lock; and unlock;
  names are nice? :) Their meaning is so simple I really can't suggest
  anything else...

Best regards,
 Aleksey                          mailto:picoder at sbis.komi.ru