[fpc-devel]to FPC/2 development team

XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Sun Oct 22 19:36:46 CEST 2000

Date sent:      	Sat, 21 Oct 2000 00:05:48 +0900
From:           	KO Myung-Hun <komh at chollian.net>
To:             	FPC mail <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org>
Subject:        	[fpc-devel]to FPC/2 development team
Send reply to:  	fpc-devel at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl

   Hi,

 thanks for your report.

.
> Fortunatelly, because there are .so2 files in RTL directory, after
> assembling every .so2, and copying assembled files to the UNIT
> directory, I could compile apps hardly. Why FPC/2 do not created .oo2
> files ?

 I'd guess some problems with your configuration, since it works
without problems on other PCs. Try to get and OS/2 version of unixish
"which" tool and run "which as" on your command line. It must be
possible to resolve this problem.

> In DosCalls.PAS of 1.00 and 1.0.2, prototype of DosGetInfoBlocks is
> changed to pointer type, and remark variant type. But FPC supports
> function overloading. So It is regardless that we would enable both

 That's what I wanted first, actually. However, it isn't possible,
because both variants would use pointers as parameters (although one
is a pointer to a structure, while the other is a pointer to another
pointer), and FPC cannot distinguish there (imagine a situation where
you'd call it with a variable of the base type "pointer" - that one
is assignment-compatible to both of these).

                      Have a nice day

                              Tomas Hajny, XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz on Internet
                                           tom.sms at axon.cz in urgent cases