[fpc-devel]Question about go32 "ALLOCATE_MEMORY_BLOCK" proc

kaufmannmail at gmx.de kaufmannmail at gmx.de
Tue Oct 10 14:55:56 CEST 2000

Hallo, Free Pascal Community!

I have a question about the go32 procedure "ALLOCATE_MEMORY_BLOCK".
With this proc you can get memory which istn´t in the DS, up to 4GB.
It has the benefit, that programs can be more dynamical, because the
allocated memory isn´t in the heap, whose size can´t change during runtime
of a program. This is very usefull for application-programs, for example.

But how could I access memory got with "ALLOCATE_MEMORY_BLOCK"?
The returned value is just a memhandle. Where I get the tseginfo belonging
to the allocated memory?
In the Free Pascal - package (DOS) isn´t contained any example program,
wich shows this.
I would be very happy, if you could send me a solution to
kaufmannmail at gmx.de.

Thank you.