[fpc-devel]argv[ 0 ] is not assumed to be a full path ?

XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Sun Nov 12 17:43:40 CET 2000

Date sent:      	Sun, 12 Nov 2000 21:24:36 +0900
From:           	KO Myung-Hun <komh at chollian.net>
To:             	FPC mail <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org>
Subject:        	[fpc-devel]argv[ 0 ] is not assumed to be a full path ?
Send reply to:  	fpc-devel at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl

> I don't think that FSearch could solve this problem in DOS, because
> all executable file are in directory specfied in 'PATH' and current.

 This should work. How does DOS locate a program specified on the
command line:
 1) Checks, whether you didn't give the full (or relative) path.
 2) Looks in the current directory.
 3) Searches throughout directories specified in PATH.
 I must have a look at it, there might be some DOS function for
getting the full executable path as well, which would be easier, of
course (_if_ it would be supported under EMX/RSX).

> I think that in OS/2, DosGetInfoBlocks is the appropriate API, is
> not?

 Yes, it is.

Tomas